Baby Boomers account for nearly 76.4 million individuals in the United States. This large flux in population can be credited to a sense of relief after the end of the Great Depression and World War 2.
Baby Boomer Generation facts are not limited to watching I Love Lucy, listening to Elvis and The Beatles, and celebrating “free love” at Woodstock. Also consider that Baby Boomers are to be credited with doing away with racial segregation, capital punishment, and several dangerous life-threatening diseases, including polio and smallpox.
This generation continues working hard to make this country great, and not just from the side lines. These are often the leaders in your community, your company, and family. They make up a great sum of our population, and there are a number Baby Boomer Facts that might surprise you.
Here’s a quick list of 15 Facts You Need to Know About Baby Boomers:
- “Baby Boomers” refer to those who were born between 1945 and 1965.
- The Baby Boomer Generation makes up roughly 77 million people, which is possibly the largest American generation of all time. This is rivaled only by the Millennial Generation which is roughly about the same size.
- Many Baby Boomers are continuing to financially support their children into adulthood, even after they leave home.
- Most Baby Boomers are working beyond 65, the usual age of retirement. While many do this for financial reasons, others do it simply for the joy of working.
- The majority of today’s Baby Boomer population is female, who appear to be outliving many male baby boomers.
- Maine is the U.S. state with the largest concentration of Baby Boomers, rated at about 36.8%, this is closely followed by New Hampshire and Montana.
- While most Baby Boomers married relatively young (before the age of 25), only two-thirds of these remain married today.
- Baby Boomers make up most of the home-owning demographic in the United States, and one in four of these homeowners own more than one property.
- They take initiative. A member of the Baby Boomer generation is twice as likely to create and own a business than a millennial.
- One of the more interesting facts about Baby Boomers, is that they are more likely to hold leadership positions in high paying fields, such as medical or engineering.
- Today, the Baby Boomers make up nearly 26% of the United State’s population.
- The past four presidents have all been members of the Baby Boomer generation. Obama, born in 1963, and Bush, Clinton, and Trump, all born in 1946.
- They are reaching retirement age. More than 10, 000 Baby Boomers are expected to turn 65 each day for the next 18 years.
- Nearly eighty-two percent of all Baby Boomers use some form of social media platform, making their presence known on the internet.
- They pay credit where credit is due. Boomers contribute the majority of positive feedback online. This includes both product and service reviews.
When reading through the facts about Baby Boomers, It becomes clear that this has been one of America’s most influential, and prosperous generations. A generation devoted to loyalty, family, and an unmatched work ethic.
Although more and more Baby Boomers are celebrating their sixty-fifth birthday each day, they aren’t slowing down anytime soon. These are our country’s leaders and our workplace mentors. Their years of hard work is certainly paving the way for prosperity for future generations, giving them a lot to live up to.